The UK’s Department of Transport and EU regulation* dictate staff who require a compulsory airside pass, complete a General Security Awareness Training course before applying for their security clearance.
Our GSAT course covers a wide range of airport employees - from shop workers and
Once the Security Awareness training has been completed, employees will have a clear understanding of airport security measures, their obligations, and what they are expected to do in the event of an incident. Upon successful completion of the assessment exam, employees will receive full GSAT certification, qualifying them to receive their airport security pass quickly and easily. Our GSAT certification
- Understand their role and responsibilities in relation to aviation security
- Understand threats to aviation and the type of people who pose a threat
- Have the knowledge and skills necessary to understand, comply and enforce security controls and restrictions
- Respond correctly to threat warnings
- Recognise prohibited articles, explosive and incendiary devices and their components, that could be used in unlawful interference of civil aviation
- Understand the meanings of the different colour coded passes and the procedure to follow if presented with an invalid pass
- Understand the meaning of the security controls that are put in place to ensure no prohibited articles are introduced
- Recognise the importance of general awareness in suspicious circumstances
- Adopt and adhere to effective security practice and procedures in accordance with relevant
A positive security culture between airport staff is one of the most important aspects of effective security. With this in mind, our GSAT course is continuously updated, allowing staff to complete training programmes, undertake refresher courses and keep abreast of trends and developments
Lesson 1 - The Threat to Aviation
Lesson 2 - Security in the Aviation Industry
Lesson 3 - Your Role
Lesson 4 - Airside Access
Once all training modules have been completed, trainees have the opportunity to take a practice examination, to ensure their understanding of the course material. The practice exam can be taken multiple times. The final assessment may be taken twice. Once the final assessment has been successfully completed, the GSAT certificate can be printed immediately for presentation at the local Airport Pass Office. Alternatively, a certificate will be emailed to the trainee for printing at a later date.
Training managers can purchase multiple licenses within one company for GSAT training. These licenses are stored in an online GSAT account and can be accessed at any time.
In situations where multiple licenses have been purchased, all certificates will be sent to the administrator of the GSAT account.
It is important to enter the name of the trainee taking the GSAT course correctly. The name on the form of the ID that is presented at the Pass Office must be the same as the name displayed on the certificate. If not, it may get rejected by the Pass Office. Once a GSAT certificate has been issued, the name cannot be changed.
GSAT course overview
Duration: 1 hour
Price: £9.10 (discounts available for bulk purchases)
Affordable, Convenient, High Quality Training
At Quadratica UK we’re continuously looking for ways to provide our customers with the best functionality, in the most
To keep our clients’ training overheads down, we have priced our courses by the unit – if only 2 people require training, our clients only pay for 2 units, whereas a certified instructor will charge the same amount whether they are training 2 or 20 people.
We provide training managers with the best possible tools to educate their security staff by continually developing groundbreaking technologies. Our products are designed with a strong focus on our customers’
Important EU Regulations*
In accordance with EU regulation 2015/1998, the Department for Transport (DfT) states that security training cannot be delivered unless a
It’s an offence to provide false information to access the GSAT material. It’s also an infringement of the regulations if the Responsible Person is found to be falsifying their own credentials, or doesn’t take the course themselves.